Research on Malaysian Bloggers

The Survey for Blog Readers and Bloggers is closed. Thanks for your participation!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

80% of unemployed bloggers are women?

In response to Tourism Minister Tengku Adnan's allegations of "out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women", below is my comment based on the data collection I did back in November - December 2006.

Out of my sample size of 852 Malaysian bloggers/bloggers in Malaysia, only 22 (2.58%) are unemployed. Out of these 22 people, 13 (59%) are females. Therefore, I would like to ask the Minister where he got his data of 10,000 unemployed bloggers from, and if I could get my hands on the research he had done.

It would be most helpful if he could also elaborate on the part of bloggers being liars and a threat to national unity.

Check the original news report (in Chinese) from Sin Chew Jit Poh here.

p/s. On research matters: I have given up putting up datelines 'coz I'll end up busting them anyway. Will update when I do finish.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home